The Contest is Now Closed!
Want to vote on your favorite videos? Click here!
Judging & Prizes:
ALL eligible entries will receive a minimum of $5 in Dutch Bros certificates(For 18+) and $5 in Subway certificates for High School entries for participating.
The top FIVE videos will be selected by a committee & online poll. Voting will take place online here at www.preventionlane.org/videos between April 2 and April 10 at 11:59pm. Be sure to share the link with your friends so they can vote!
Other Information About the Contest:
The contest is not open to providers or immediate family members of Oregon Problem Gambling Services, although Problem Gambling Services providers may be consulted in the making of the video. Click here for a list of treatment and prevention providers in Oregon.
Youth, Young Adults, General Public (any or all – you choose)
60 seconds or under (think: TV ad/PSA)
“Have the Conversation” (problem gambling affects many people, not just the problem gambler; problem gamblers don’t have to be alone, and they do have support available). This contest is in honor of the second annual National Problem Gambling Awareness Month.
NOTE: ALL entries MUST include the free 24-hour problem gambling helpline 1-877-MY-LIMIT (and/or www.opgr.org) and that help for problem gambling is free, confidential & it works.
Other messages which will be considered in initial judging (choose one or more):
- The average problem gambler affects 6-12 others
- There is a direct link between problem gambling and financial and family problems
- Gambling addiction and other addictions often go hand in hand (or people recover from other addictions and get addicted to gambling)
- Gambling problems can happen to anyone
- People who gamble “socially” should set and stick to a limit of time and money
- Signs of problem gambling: lying about gambling and betting more than you intended to, etc. (see signs of problem gambling for more info)
- Gambling addiction is a problem many of us are not aware of (it’s a hidden addiction)
- People can recover from gambling problems; help for problem gamblers AND their loved ones is available – it is free, confidential, and it works
Same copyright rules as YouTube material (http://www.youtube.com/yt/copyright/faq.html). Participants must secure written consent to use any music that is not original or in the public domain (entries will be disqualified without proper consent).
Sign-Up to Get Your 10 Tips to Teen Proof Your Home FREE!
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting news and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.