The Contest is On! (Click here to learn more about the contest.)
Judging & Prizes:
ALL eligible entries will receive a minimum of $5 in Dutch Bros certificates (for 18+) and $5 in Subway certificates for participants under 18.
The top FIVE videos will be selected by a committee & online poll. Voting will take place online here at www.preventionlane.org/videos between April 12 and April 17 at 11:59pm. Be sure to share the link with your friends so they can vote!
The contest is not open to providers or immediate family members of Oregon Problem Gambling Services, although Problem Gambling Services providers may be consulted in the making of the video. Click here for a list of treatment and prevention providers in Oregon.
Youth, Young Adults, General Public (any or all – you choose)
30-60 seconds (think: TV ad/PSA)
“Have the Conversation” (problem gambling affects many people, not just the problem gambler; problem gamblers don’t have to be alone, and they do have support available). This contest is in honor of the second annual National Problem Gambling Awareness Month.
NOTE: ALL entries MUST include the free 24-hour problem gambling helpline 1-877-MY-LIMIT (and/or www.opgr.org) and that help for problem gambling is free, confidential & it works.
Other messages which will be considered in initial judging (choose one or more):
- The average problem gambler affects 6-12 others
- There is a direct link between problem gambling and financial and family problems
- Gambling addiction and other addictions often go hand in hand (or people recover from other addictions and get addicted to gambling)
- Gambling problems can happen to anyone
- People who gamble “socially” should set and stick to a limit of time and money
- Signs of problem gambling: lying about gambling and betting more than you intended to, etc. (see signs of problem gambling for more info)
- Gambling addiction is a problem many of us are not aware of (it’s a hidden addiction)
- People can recover from gambling problems; help for problem gamblers AND their loved ones is available – it is free, confidential, and it works
The small print:
(These content rules have been adapted with permission from those developed by www.worldof7billion.com)
- All entries must be original video and submitted in digital format.
- Participants may work together in groups or submit entries as individuals.
- All information presented in the video must be cited, giving credit to the original source. Plagiarism of any kind will result in disqualification.
- No copyrighted materials (music, images, videos, etc.) may be used for this contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials. Do not use any material with the Oregon Lottery logo in your videos.
- No professional assistance is allowed. Adults may assist with production but are limited to verbal guidance only. Adults are allowed to be actors but not content contributors.
- All portions of the online entry form must be completed when you upload your video for it to be eligible. You must submit a signed/completed (if you are under 18 years old, you must also have signed, adult consent).
- Content must comply with all local and national laws of the country of origin and the United States. Content must not 1) promote illegal behavior; 2) support racial, religious, sexual or other invidious prejudice; 3) advocate sexual or violent exploitation; 4) violate rights established by law or agreement; 5) invade the privacy of any person; or 6) be otherwise inappropriate as determined by Lane County Public Health.
- The judges’ decision is final. Entries will be judged by content and production value.
- The only compensation for submitting a video is the opportunity to be awarded a prize if the entry wins. Lane County Public Health will pay filmmakers no additional compensation nor be liable to the filmmaker under any circumstances.
- Awards will be presented as follows:
- One (1) First Place: $200 Amazon.com gift certificate
- One (1) Second Place: $100 Amazon.com gift certificate
- One (1) Third Place: $50 Amazon.com gift certificate
- Two (2) Honorable Mentions: $25 Amazon.com gift certificate
- Ownership of the underlying intellectual property of the project remains with the entrant, with the following exceptions:
- Entrants grant Lane County Public Health the right to use their names, photographs, statements, quotes, testimonials, and video submissions for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes without notification or further compensation.
- Entrants also grant Lane County Public Health the right to use, reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, and/or display the entrant’s project video without further compensation or notification to the entrant. Videos will be posted on, among other sites, www.preventionlane.org, www.facebook.com/preventionlane and www.youtube.com/preventionlane.
- Lane County Public Health maintains the right to reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, display, or exhibit the project for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes on their website, at conferences, or at any other venues.
- Entrants agree to be bound by the official contest rules and decisions of the judges.