2016 Video Contest Rules:
The contest is not open to providers or immediate family members of Oregon Problem Gambling Services, although Problem Gambling Services providers may be consulted in the making of the video. Click here for a list of treatment and prevention providers in Oregon. All entrants must be 18 years or younger.
- All entries must be original video and submitted in digital format.
- Participants may work together in groups or submit entries as individuals.
- All information presented in the video must be cited, giving credit to the original source. Plagiarism of any kind will result in disqualification.
- No copyrighted materials (music, images, videos, etc.) may be used for this contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. If you want to use logos or screenshots of material, please refer to “fair use” guidelines. Please do not use any material with the Oregon Lottery logo in your video. Any material that is questionable is subject to disqualification.
- No professional assistance is allowed. Adults may assist with production but are limited to verbal guidance only. Adults are allowed to be actors but not content contributors.
- All portions of the online entry form must be completed when you upload your video for it to be eligible. You must submit a signed/completed (if you are under 18 years old, you must also have signed, adult consent).
- Content must comply with all local and national laws of the country of origin and the United States. Content must not 1) promote illegal behavior; 2) support racial, religious, sexual or other invidious prejudice; 3) advocate sexual or violent exploitation; 4) violate rights established by law or agreement; 5) invade the privacy of any person; or 6) be otherwise inappropriate as determined by Lane County Public Health.
- The judges’ decision is final. Entries will be judged by content and production value.
- The only compensation for submitting a video is the opportunity to be awarded a prize if the entry wins. Lane County Public Health will pay filmmakers no additional compensation nor be liable to the filmmaker under any circumstances.
- Awards will be presented as follows:
- 1st Prize:
GoPro Hero4 Session camera OR $200 Amazon.com gift card
- 2nd Prize:
Kindle Fire 7” HD OR $100 Amazon.com gift card
- 3rd Prize:
Skullcandy Bluetooth Headphones with Mic OR $50 Amazon.com gift card
- 1st Prize:
- Ownership of the underlying intellectual property of the project remains with the entrant, with the following exceptions:
- Entrants grant Lane County Public Health the right to use their names, photographs, statements, quotes, testimonials, and video submissions for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes without notification or further compensation.
- Entrants also grant Lane County Public Health the right to use, reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, and/or display the entrant’s project video without further compensation or notification to the entrant. Videos will be posted on, among other sites, www.preventionlane.org, www.facebook.com/preventionlane and www.youtube.com/preventionlane.
- Lane County Public Health maintains the right to reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, display, or exhibit the project for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes on their website, at conferences, or at any other venues.
- Entrants agree to be bound by the official contest rules and decisions of the judges.
(These content rules have been adapted with permission from those developed by www.worldof7billion.com)
Once you’ve read the rules, enter here!
Sorry, but this form is no longer accepting submissions.