- Of the teens that begin drinking, most do before the age of 15. In Lane County, of the youth that reported using alcohol, ALL stated they began using before age 15. (1)
- Teens that have their first drink before age 15 are four times more likely to become alcohol dependent at some point in their lives than those that wait until they are 21 to drink (the rate of alcohol dependence drops the closer they get to 21). (2)
- In Lane County, almost a quarter (22.6%) of eighth grade students who reported having used alcohol, reported using in the past 30 days. (1)
- Youth have easy access to alcohol; two-thirds (66.6%) of Lane County 8th graders and four in five (82%) of Lane County 11th graders say it is “very easy” or “sort of easy” to get beer, wine or hard liquor. (Usually from parties, friends or taking it from their homes.) (3)
- One in three Lane County eighth graders, and almost half of Lane County 11th graders, had an alcoholic beverage at least once in the last month. (4).
Get the latest News and Events directly in your inbox.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting news and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.