Did you know that 70% of people who commit suicide tell someone about their plans, or give warning signs? Take this questionnaire to find out if someone you know needs help.Download the Suicide Risk Questionnaire :
- Those who have made serious attempts are at much higher risk for actually taking their lives. Between 20 and 40% of people who kill themselves have previously attempted suicide.
- Nearly 50% of suicide victims have a positive blood alcohol level.
- Although most depressed people are not suicidal, most suicidal people are depressed.
- Serious depression can be manifested in obvious sadness, but often is expressed instead as a loss of pleasure or withdrawal from activities that were once enjoyable.
- Sometimes those contemplating suicide talk as if they are saying goodbye or going away forever.