About QPR Training
Did you know…
- Every 17 minutes, at least 6 Americans lose a loved one to suicide
- Most of those individuals who died by suicide showed warning signs to family and friends
- Oregon’s suicide rate is 41% higher than the national average
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death among Oregonians 15-34 and 8th leading cause of death among all ages.
Tuesday. May 20, 2014
First United Methodist Church – 1376 Olive St., Eugene – Training is complete – stay tuned for future training dates!
During this training, you will learn more about:
- The problem of suicide nationally and in Lane County.
- Common myths and facts associated with suicide
- Warning signs of suicide
- Tips for asking the suicide question
- Methods for persuading suicidal individuals to get help
- Ways of referring at-risk people to local resources
Who should attend:
- Parents & general public
- Human resources staff
- Primary care & social service providers/staff
- School staff
- Faith communities
- Law enforcement
Registration & cost:
Cost: Registration is required. No charge to attend, but space is limited. Visit our registration site to get registered!
Sandy Moses, MS [[email protected] | 541.682.3650] Lane County Suicide Prevention Coordinator