About QPR Training
Did you know…
- Every 17 minutes, at least 6 Americans lose a loved one to suicide
- Most of those individuals who died by suicide showed warning signs to family and friends
- Oregon’s suicide rate is 41% higher than the national average
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death among Oregonians 15-34 and 8th leading cause of death among all ages.
Tuesday. May 20, 2014
First United Methodist Church – 1376 Olive St., Eugene – Training is complete – stay tuned for future training dates!
During this training, you will learn more about:
- The problem of suicide nationally and in Lane County.
- Common myths and facts associated with suicide
- Warning signs of suicide
- Tips for asking the suicide question
- Methods for persuading suicidal individuals to get help
- Ways of referring at-risk people to local resources
Who should attend:
- Parents & general public
- Human resources staff
- Primary care & social service providers/staff
- School staff
- Faith communities
- Law enforcement
Registration & cost:
Cost: Registration is required. No charge to attend, but space is limited. Visit our registration site to get registered!
Sandy Moses, MS [[email protected] | 541.682.3650] Lane County Suicide Prevention Coordinator
Sign-Up to Get Your 10 Tips to Teen Proof Your Home FREE!
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting news and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.