Friends can make all the difference. Learn the signs of depression and suicide.
Warning signs of depression & suicide may include:
- Prolonged mood & behavior changes
- Feeling hopeless or no sense of purpose
- Withdrawing from friends, family
- Reckless behavior
- Change in appetite or sleep patterns
- Talking or writing about death, suicide
- Seeking access to guns, pills
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Giving away precious possessions
To help a friend, remember to:
- Talk to your friend and ask him or her if they are feeling down,
thinking of hurting themselves or thinking about suicide
- LISTEN and do not judge their feelings.
- Tell your friend that you care and will help her or him get help.
- Then talk to an adult—like a teacher, counselor, mentor or parent—or call the
White Bird: 541-687-4000 (Local) 1-800-422-7558 (Toll-free)
Looking Glass Youth Crisis Line: 541-689-3111
Check out other resources on our site: www.preventionlane.org/suicide.htm
Get the latest News and Events directly in your inbox.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting news and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.