Learn 5 ways you can make a difference! For more information go to: www.take5tosavelives.org
Did you know that 70% of people who die by suicide tell someone about their plans, or give warning signs?
Download the Suicide Risk Questionnaire:
- Those who have made serious attempts are at much higher risk for actually taking their lives. Between 20 and 40% of people who kill themselves have previously attempted suicide.
- Nearly 50% of suicide victims have a positive blood alcohol level.
- Although most depressed people are not suicidal, most suicidal people are depressed.
- Serious depression can be manifested in obvious sadness, but often is expressed instead as a loss of pleasure or withdrawal from activities that were once enjoyable.
- Sometimes those contemplating suicide talk as if they are saying goodbye or going away forever.
Suicide in OregonSuicide Fact Sheet (PDF)