Welcome to participants of the 2014 National Conference on Problem Gambling! We hope you had a great conference experience. Following are presentations from Julie Hynes. Below are the slides (with clickable links included for all references) as well as handouts. Keep in mind that these presentations are Creative Commons copyrighted, so please do contact us for materials. […]
The Prevention Program is partnering with Trillium Community Health Plan and the Boys and Girls Club of Western Lane County to offer this program to increase physical activity for 9-13 year olds. Based on the CDC’s VERB: It’s What You Do campaign, the Summer Score Card offers incentives and opportunities for youth physical activity while […]
Lane County Public Health teamed up with the University of Oregon to launch the iHost Responsible Parties campaign. iHost is a movement to educate young adults on how to host responsible parties in Lane County. Did you know? The Lane County Social Host Ordinance and City of Eugene’s Ordinance on Unruly Gatherings holds party hosts and […]
Myth: Everyone drinks. Truth: Not true. Although 31% of teens said they’ve drank alcohol in the past month that still leaves 69% who did not! If you choose not to drink, you’re definitely not alone.
It’s National Prevention Week! We are thrilled to participate in SAMHSA’s National Prevention Week 2014, working to prevent substance abuse and promote mental health! Our work starts with Lane County, and we want to honor those prevention champions who have made a difference in our communities. Last year was the first year of National Prevention […]