Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
Eight-hour training to help the public identify, understand and respond to signs of various mental health problems; 12 Human Resource Management credits
In this course, you will learn:
- The potential warning signs and risk factors for a range of mental health problems including depression, anxiety, trauma, psychosis, eating disorders, substance use, and self-injury
- A 5-step action plan to help an individual in crisis connect to professional care
- Resources available to help someone with a mental health problem
October 28th Youth MHFA 8:30-5:30, Springfield Relief Nursery- 850 S. 42nd, Springfield, OR
December 9th Adult MHFA 8:30-5:30, The Healing Matrix Cottage Grove 632 E. Main St., Cottage Grove
January 20th Youth MHFA 8:30-5:30, The Trauma Healing Project 2222 Coburg Rd., #300 Eugene
Basic information about suicide and how to help. Two hours.
- Common myths and facts about suicide
- Warning signs & risk factors of suicide
- Tips for asking the suicide question
- How to persuade suicidal individuals to get help
- Ways of referring at-risk people to resources
Upcoming Training: to be scheduled–check back!
If you are interested in bringing a QPR training to your worksite, program or organization, please contact Sandy Moses at [email protected] Note: a small fee ($5/person) will be charged to provide a tailored training to your group.
Mind Your Mind: Advancing Mental Wellness
November 2-3, 2016
Valley River Inn, Eugene, OR
Details at: Mind Your Mind Conference