May was Lane County’s “Mind Your Mind Month.” Thank you for helping make this first-ever Mind Your Month Month a success!
We can still celebrate minding our minds all year long, because mental wellness matters! For details, go to www.mindyourmindproject.org
Mental Health Promotion & Suicide Prevention Trainings
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA):
Eight-hour training to help the public identify, understand and respond to signs of various mental health problems; 12 Human Resource Management credits
In this course, you will learn:
- The potential warning signs and risk factors for a range of mental health problems including depression, anxiety, trauma, psychosis, eating disorders, substance use, and self-injury
- A 5-step action plan to help an individual in crisis connect to professional care
- Resources available to help someone with a mental health problem
Upcoming MHFA Trainings:
Eugene: May 8
Basic information about suicide and how to help. Two hours. Click here for dates & registration!
- Common myths and facts about suicide
- Warning signs & risk factors of suicide
- Tips for asking the suicide question
- How to persuade suicidal individuals to get help
- Ways of referring at-risk people to resources
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
Two-day suicide intervention skill-building workshop; 12 NASW credits
This skills-building training is designed to teach professionals and non-professionals alike, how to recognize suicide risk, determine what and how to say, and do that which will serve to keep the person safe until the next level of care can become involved. This is a two-day didactic and experiential workshop.
November 4-6, 2014 | Eugene, OR
- Increase understanding about mental wellness: the connection to our overall health
- Learn about Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs): the cutting-edge research, impacts on adult health, and effective strategies to reduce ACEs
- Reflect on our work
- Apply the science behind what we know is effective
- Develop new strategies
- Enhance current approaches
Sign-Up to Get Your 10 Tips to Teen Proof Your Home FREE!
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting news and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.