Working together to create a caring community where all people can live a healthier life.
A Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) is an action plan that identifies how the community will address key health issues identified by the Community Health Needs Assessment. In collaboration with community partners, this plan is used by Lane County, United Way, PeaceHealth, and Trillium to focus efforts and resources on important issues to achieve the greatest impact on health.
2016 -2019 Community Health Improvement Plan
The 2016-2019 Lane County Regional Community Health Improvement Plan was adopted June 2016.
1. Increase economic and social opportunities that promote healthy behaviors.
Initiative #1: Social and Economic Opportunities
- Support economic development through investing in workforce strategies that provide sustainable family wage jobs in our communities.
- Encourage a range of safe and affordable housing opportunities, including the development of integrated and supportive housing.
- Assure availability of affordable healthy food and beverages in every community.
Initiative #2: Healthy Behaviors
- Encourage the implementation of programs to promote positive early childhood development and safe/nurturing environments.
- Support the implementation of evidence-based preventive screening, referral policies, and services by physical, behavioral, and oral healthcare providers.
Initiative #3: Collaborative Infrastructure
- Strengthen cross-sector collaborations and align resources to improve the physical, behavioral, and oral health and well-being of our communities.
- Encourage organizations across multiple sectors to integrate health criteria into decision making, as appropriate.
We know it will take many individuals, organizations, and communities to improve the health of the region. If you or your organization are interested in partnering in the Lane County Regional CHIP and want to align efforts, please contact us to get more information. We look forward to embarking on this journey together. Click here to learn more and get involved!
2013 -2016 Community Health Improvement Plan
Lane County’s 2013-2016 Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP), based off the findings from the 2012 Community Health Assessment, is a framework for developing and implementing short and long term strategies to focus the attention and work of policy makers, nonprofits, business leaders, and community members over three years.
- Advance and Improve Health Equity
- Improve Access to Health Care
- Prevent and Reduce Tobacco Use
- Slow the Increase of Obesity
- Prevent and Reduce Substance Abuse and Mental Illness