Congratulations to the top entries in Lane County!
Congratulations and thanks to EVERYONE who participated in this year’s Problem Gambling Awareness Month Middle School Art Search.
The top poster from Lane County, selected to appear in the 2016 Problem Gambling Services Calendar, was from Bri Johnson. Her simple message, “Gambling for money online is illegal,” was a message sought by Oregon Problem Gambling Services, since many people do not realize that it’s not legal to gamble for money online in Oregon. Bri’s art was also outstanding. The other top five finalists in Lane County follow.
You can check out the top five posters below (please note: we will be getting higher quality versions of the posters uploaded soon).
– 1st Place: Bri Johnson, 8th grade, Cal Young Middle School (teacher: Ms. Maahs)
– 2nd Place: Carissa Maio, Hamlin Middle School (teacher: Ms. LaVelle)
– 3rd Place: Aria Stuzman, Hamlin Middle School (teacher: Ms. LaVelle)
– Top 5 Finalist: Jessica Harden, Hamlin Middle School (teacher: Ms. LaVelle)
– Top 5 Finalist: Shayla Magers, Cascade Middle School
Congratulations again — Julie Hynes will be in touch with your teachers/advisors soon regarding your prizes. ALL participants in the art search will receive prizes for participation.
You guys rock!!
Sign-Up to Get Your 10 Tips to Teen Proof Your Home FREE!
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting news and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
Category: Problem Gambling